SECTION A: SPECULATIVE DIGITAL/SOCIAL PITCH BLOG POST (10%)
Nestle is the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company. Nestle operates in 189 countries and has over 2000 brands worldwide.
Products Advantages and Disadvantages Identification
Reason for choosing Nestle Kit-Kat is because is valuable, increase loyalty, leading to repeat purchases.
Kit-Kat may loose its image in the market if the established brand isn’t targeted at the right audience.
Digital and Social Media Communications Objectives
- We have chosen Nestle Kitkat chocolate bar, because there is a opportunity to increase the net profit by £ 4 mln by September 2017. This is because Kitkat brand have generated £ 38 mln net profit in 2015/2016 .
- Increase sales
- Improve brand awareness for Kitkat in UK
- The objective for gaining £4 mln net profit may not be achieved by September 2017
- We may not reach our target audience with the social media that we have chosen.
- Lack of time to meet objective
2. To increase number of followers on Facebook from 8 mln to 10 mln by June 2017 by stating its key benefits for our target audience.
- Increase brand awareness and loyalty
- Provide rich customer experience
- The effort to increase followers may not be enough
- Online consumers may not have an interest on the existing product
- Lack of time to meet objectives
- Lack of visualization on the existing product may not attract consumers attention
3. To be the top ranked company from 52 to be in the top 15 within 10 months of operations with the keyword ‘kit kat’.
- Increase brand awareness
- Increase sales
- Positioning in the market will be difficult because consumers may use a different engine to search
- May not be recognised globally
- May not achieve our rank in top 15